NLS Engineering is an established professional engineering services firm specializing in Energy, Water & Process Control. Our team of multi-disciplined integrators are experts in electrical design, SCADA, plant control programming, data management systems and commissioning. NLS’s continued growth and expanding is a result of strong leadership, technical proficiency and service excellence. One of the keys to our success is a progressive corporate culture that's focused on our staff. We work hard but offer time flexibility, gym memberships and a fully stocked pantry creating a team culture. We promote a healthy work life balance that enables staff to perform at their best.
NLS Core Values:
- Continuous Improvement
We're currently looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer with SCADA programming background to join the NLS team at our Stoney Creek office. As an Electrical Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to perform a variety of engineering work in the initial planning phase through to support services during the construction and commissioning phases of projects. Working with other members of the team, you’ll be responsible for applying engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. You will provide design services for our clients as required, including assessment, planning, feasibility studies, concept design, budgetary cost estimates and detailed design in the Water/Wastewater and renewal energy markets. Background knowledge of SCADA programming will be preferred. You will provide technical guidance to junior drafter/designers and coordinate with multiple project design disciplines for interference checking and quality control.
- Create/modify single line diagrams, loop drawings, communication drawings, and building/site layouts, plans and elevations as needed
- Design of Switchgear and MCCs up to and including 600 V
- Create/modify P&IDs, electrical schematics, panel layouts.
- Specification of VFDs, soft-starters, harmonic filters, reactors capacitor banks and other 600 V equipment.
- Manage assigned projects with attention to schedule, capacity planning, and other project deliverables
- Control system (PLC / HMI) programming ability is preferred
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario or Certified Engineering Technologist
- At least 5 years’ work experience in Electrical design
- Project experience in Water/Wastewater
- Must have experience managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Experience with Tender document development and Contract Administration
- Experience with electrical power distribution up to 600V, emergency and standby power systems, LV power distribution for controls and lighting, PLC and Remote Telemetry systems, process instrumentation, security, network and communication systems
- Design experience in water/wastewater and renewable energy sectors a definite asset
- Knowledge of industry CSA electrical and CEC standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (AutoCAD Electrical preferred)
- Fluent English communication and presentation skills
- Must have a valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license, have access to a vehicle and can travel occasionally
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is based on direct experience
- Full time - 40 hrs / week
- Full benefits package
- Gym Membership
- Flexible work hours
- Corporate pantry
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.